problem with deploying dashboard to sharepoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i had created a dashboard in perfomancepoint server i m able to see the perview too but when i m deployign the dashboard to sharepoint i m getting error stating that

You do not have permission to see this data. (CENTRAL\Rabbani.Mohammed)

Contact the administrator for more details.

i had check the permission too i m the administrator to share point and i have full control............... 
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 6:23 PM

Answers

• If you can see the information in Preview just fine then it seems to me that you must have different accounts (credentials) setup for the PPS Web Service and the SharePoint application pools in IIS.  It is possible that you might also have made a change to the web.config files for the PPS Web Service and Preview and maybe just haven't done this for SharePoint yet.

I would verify the web.config file settings in Notepad for the Bpm.ServerConnectionPerUser and Bpm.UseAsCustomData.  See what these are set to in all three web.config files.  The ones that you will want to look at for PPS are located in the folders within the PPSMonitoring_1 folder on the server.

To start Profiler this is located in the Performance Tools start menu folder for SQL Server 2008.  You will want to start a new trace against Analysis Services.  Once you have this running you should be able to see what credentials are being passed and you can compare what you see with Preview compared to SharePoint.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Monday, December 21, 2009 6:12 PM
  • For information in regards to the looking at the web.config files and where they are located you can take a look at this video that walks through the process of configuring PeformancePoint with the PerUser configuration and Kerberos - http://technet.microsoft.com/library/dd630733.aspx

For running a trace against SSAS you would do the following:

Open SQL Server Profiler
         1) you can go Start-->Run-->type Profiler and Enter
         2) this is located in the Performance Tools folder in the Start Menu under Microsoft SQL Server 2005
         3) this is also located under the Tools menu within SQL Server Management Studio
    Start a new Analysis Service trace
         1) from the File menu select New Trace
         2) select Analysis Service for the Server Type and then enter your Server (and instance name if applicable)
         3) click Connect
         4) click on Run for the Trace Properties
    Monitor the connections and events
         1) now simply watch the events as they occur and the NTUserName as the events occur against the SSAS instance

For more information about Monitoring SSAS check out BOL - http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/ms175652(SQL.90).aspx

Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, December 25, 2009 11:56 AM

All replies

• Can you provide some details as to how your servers are configured like how many and what is installed on each one?  Just wondering if you are in a single server or distributed environment.  Also, are you using the default PPS security for data access (meaning the identity of the application pool) or are you using the PerUser or CustomData setting to pass the credentials of the user to the data source? 

Are you a farm admin and a site collection admin for sharepoint?  Just trying to figure out based on your message, are you able to access the SharePoint site and document library?  I am assuming so since you were able to deploy it, just wanted to verify though.

Have you run Profiler against the SSAS instance to see the credentials that are being passed to access the data?
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Saturday, December 19, 2009 1:00 PM
  • Hi Dan, i m new to sharepoint i donyt much ..i had just installed sharepoint and performance point in one server and my SSAS Cube is in other server......i can access teh sharepoint site and able to see the documents and i m unable to see the data in the documents .how to run the profiler agaibst the SSAS instance ................i think i m using default PPS Security for data access
    Monday, December 21, 2009 1:36 PM
  • If you can see the information in Preview just fine then it seems to me that you must have different accounts (credentials) setup for the PPS Web Service and the SharePoint application pools in IIS.  It is possible that you might also have made a change to the web.config files for the PPS Web Service and Preview and maybe just haven't done this for SharePoint yet.

I would verify the web.config file settings in Notepad for the Bpm.ServerConnectionPerUser and Bpm.UseAsCustomData.  See what these are set to in all three web.config files.  The ones that you will want to look at for PPS are located in the folders within the PPSMonitoring_1 folder on the server.

To start Profiler this is located in the Performance Tools start menu folder for SQL Server 2008.  You will want to start a new trace against Analysis Services.  Once you have this running you should be able to see what credentials are being passed and you can compare what you see with Preview compared to SharePoint.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Monday, December 21, 2009 6:12 PM
  • Hi Dan, i m extremely sorry that i m unable to follow you i m using sql server 2005 .......can tell me details step how to look web config files in notepad and how to look at the trace in SQL analysis service......... Thanks for ur patience and replies .............Happy holidays
    Friday, December 25, 2009 12:19 AM
  • For information in regards to the looking at the web.config files and where they are located you can take a look at this video that walks through the process of configuring PeformancePoint with the PerUser configuration and Kerberos - http://technet.microsoft.com/library/dd630733.aspx

For running a trace against SSAS you would do the following:

Open SQL Server Profiler
         1) you can go Start-->Run-->type Profiler and Enter
         2) this is located in the Performance Tools folder in the Start Menu under Microsoft SQL Server 2005
         3) this is also located under the Tools menu within SQL Server Management Studio
    Start a new Analysis Service trace
         1) from the File menu select New Trace
         2) select Analysis Service for the Server Type and then enter your Server (and instance name if applicable)
         3) click Connect
         4) click on Run for the Trace Properties
    Monitor the connections and events
         1) now simply watch the events as they occur and the NTUserName as the events occur against the SSAS instance

For more information about Monitoring SSAS check out BOL - http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/ms175652(SQL.90).aspx

Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, December 25, 2009 11:56 AM