none
Group Policy Management and WSUS

Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to configure Windows Update policies so when I go into WSUS and approve updates for a group, those servers will then automatically download the updates, install the updates and then restart the server once its been completed.

At the moment I am not seeing this behaviour, the policies I have configured are currently set to:

Allow Automatic Updates immediate installation                                                                                  Enabled

Configure Automatic Updates                                                                                                             Enabled

3 - Auto Download and notify for install

Do not connect to any Windows Update Internet Locations                                                                   Enabled

Specify intranet Microsoft update service location                                                                                Enabled

Turn on recommended updates via Automatic Updates                                                                        Enabled

With these settings enabled, the updates do not download and install automatically. I then enabled the policy 'Automatic Updates detection frequency' to every one hour, which then prompted the download of the updates. But the automatic install is still not working.

Can somebody please clarify this is correct, or if what I want is even possible.

Thanks,

Daniel

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 11:18 AM

Answers