none
Reschedule Uncompleted Work adds Actual Work - Pro 2010 SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

A colleague has a project that he performs on it "Reschedule incomplete work to start after <today>". This process is not supposed to creat actual work. However, a certain task has 18.5h actual work (0 remaining) before the "Reschedule Incomplete" and 33h after.

He sent me the project (another client, another organization) and this is reproduced and persistent.

How comes?

Thanks,

Barak

Monday, February 16, 2015 9:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Barak,

• Is it in a Project Server environment?
    • Are the actuals protected and forced from timesheets?
    • Is the task manually scheduled?
    • Is the task fixed work, duration, units?
    • Has the task more than 1 resource assigned on?
    • Can you reproduce the unexpected behavior on a brand new project?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 12:09 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Yes, it is server environment, but the problem was reproduced on 2 different servers (of 2 diffenet clients).

On my colleague environment, actuals are retrieved from an external system using an interface to PRO (not to DB). The import is fine. The problem starts only on the "Move incomplete" action. He then sent me the file to load to another environment and the issue is reproduced.

Task is automatically scheduled

Task is fixed units.

The task has 2 resources assigned to it. Actuals are added only to 1 of them.

I can't reproduce on a brand project. I don't know what are the steps to get to this situation.

Regards,

Barak

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 12:36 PM
  • Hi Barak,

I cannot reproduce the issue in Project Pro 2010. It could be due to the actual import from the external system. Can you check that there is no actual work in the future?

The file might also be corrupted some how, it could be Worth trying to repair it. You can refer to this blog for the save for sharing repair method.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 12:48 PM
  • Barak --

Are your PMs doing the following to reschedule uncompleted work from the past to the current reporting period:

1. Click Project > Project Information.
    2. Set the Status Date value as the last day of last week's reporting period, and then click OK.
    3. Click Project > Update Project.
    4. In the Update Project dialog, select the Reschedule Uncompleted Work to Start After option.
    5. Select either the Entire Project or Selected Tasks option, as needed.
    6. Click the OK button.

If you are not following the above process, then you are doing this wrong, which could certainly lead to the issues you are seeing.  Please let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 2:13 PM