!! PDF name changes upon download !! RRS feed

• Question

• Background: One of my clients uses office 365. In order to communicate with them, I have been given a secure email address to use their corporate Outlook, which I access from chrome at my offsite office. Please note a couple of things; (1) I do not use 365 on my computer; (2) they use explorer as their preferred browser; (3) we have been sharing hundreds of PDF documents for the past 6 months with no issue.  

I was emailed a PDF by a staff member; the PDF was named according to the document content (eg. QuarterlyFinancialReport.pdf). However, when I downloaded the document, the file name changed completely (eg. 2009 Work 

Plan). On top of that, when I saved it, the file extension became .xlsx.pdf.

This happened with a second file they sent to me. Please advise as to why this is happening. Is it a corrupt file on the client's end? 

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Saturday, August 25, 2018 10:15 AM

All replies

• Have you tried a different browser to access their email?

Saturday, August 25, 2018 11:00 AM
  • Hi,

Does this issue happens when you using web mail or Outlook client?

If you mean downloading PDF attachment from OWA, I'd like to recommend you to post this thread in this forum to get a better response.

Because here we mainly focus on issues regarding Outlook client, I'm not familiar with web mail. Please also follow the suggestion above to test with another browser.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, August 27, 2018 2:33 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, August 29, 2018 1:31 AM
    Monday, August 27, 2018 2:32 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates with this issue?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:30 AM
  • Just check if the information above is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Friday, August 31, 2018 1:26 AM
  • Hi Kim,

Have you found the fix?

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, September 6, 2018 9:24 AM