none
Deploy IE10 thru MDT2012 customsettings.ini RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to deploy IE10 thru customsettings.ini off MDT2012?

I know it is possible to add the application deploy to the TS but then it must be added to every TS. When i can deploy IE10 thru the Customsettings then it only have to be done once in the customsettings...

IE10 is made with IEAK10 and is a fully automatically exe file sot that is no problem..

freddie

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:47 AM

All replies

• Yes, that's perfectly possible.

Please check the following tutorial:

Assigning Mandatory Applications in MDT 2012 in the Customsettings.ini File

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

• Marked as answer by surfer10 Tuesday, June 3, 2014 9:24 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by surfer10 Wednesday, June 4, 2014 6:14 AM
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 7:40 AM
  • I have done according to the tutorial. When now deploy the image to a client a screen appears (the TS) where i can select a image then a new screeen appears with the applications in it. Internet Explorer 10 is already selected.

Problem is IE is not installed. When deploying is finished a error appears (this error is sometimes appearing sometimes not, already before IE10 was added (LTi deployment failed return code -2147024891 0x80070005

The mandatory field in the customsettings is added and the number is copied and paste and so is correct.
    This is a piece of the customsettings.ini: 

SkipTaskSequence=NO
    SkipUserData=Yes
    ApplyGPOPack=NO
    SkipApplications=NO

MandatoryApplications001={ec010c3a-18e9-4b4e-b066-4b47577c9237}

In which logfiles and where can i investigate why that IE10 is not installed? Now i don't have a clue why it isn't installed....

Just looked at the logfiles in %windir%\temp and looked into BDD.log, Litetouch.log etc. but cannot find anything with IE10 or applications or Internet Explorer in it. Don't know if thats good...

freddie

• Edited by surfer10 Wednesday, June 4, 2014 6:31 AM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 6:17 AM
  • Freddie,

Nevertheless the answer I gave you was correct on how to install mandatory applications. You should check if Windows Updates doesnt install IE10 during the deployment process.

Another issue with W7 and IE10 is the following: Win7 + IE10 Slipstream error

Youll need to modify your unattended.xml with Windows System Image Manager

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 6:34 AM
  • WIndows update does not install IE10 during deployment. I will edit the task sequence as described but do not see the error in the link you provide so maybe it is another problem...

I shall give it a try

freddie

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 7:51 AM
  • I have tried above but still no succes. IE10 is not running.

Maybe testing to install ie10 first in a task sequence in stead of in the custom settings.ini?

freddie

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:16 PM
  • What does your bdd.log say, when it comes to the step of installing IE10?

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:20 PM
  • Is it not nessecairy to use packages instead of applications in MDT2012?

freddie

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:47 PM
  • That's also possible, but what does your logfiles indicate. That's the only important thing at the moment.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:54 PM
  • That's also possible, but what does your logfiles indicate. That's the only important thing at the moment.

Could you tell me which logfile and path?

There are more logfiles and so many text and i cannot find ie10 in it..

freddie

Friday, June 6, 2014 7:54 AM
  • http://www.wardvissers.nl/2010/06/11/where-to-find-the-right-mdt-2010-logs/

Friday, June 6, 2014 8:12 AM
  • It could be due that IE10 is also not installing thru Group Policy. There are 5 prerequisites that must be installed before IE10 to run the setup.

That where my time is spent now to first succeed at installing IE10 thru GPO then in MDT2012.

Is it possible to install .msu (Microsoft update files) before the IE10 installation after deploying a Image and how?
    I mean with MDT2012? add the msu file to the packages?
    Is it possible to use MDT2012 to not only use it for deploying images but also use it for deploying standalone software like Internet Explorer etc. How does this work is there any documentation for it to read about this?

freddie

• Edited by surfer10 Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:30 AM
    Tuesday, June 10, 2014 7:23 AM
  • No suggestions anymore?

freddie

Friday, June 13, 2014 9:32 AM