none
24 hour resources? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All

I have a requirement to set up a resource that will run for up to 24 hours in a day.  I've set up a resource in our test area, and assigned it to the 24 hour calendar.  The problem is that when I go to add it to a plan and enter 100% units it only puts 8 hours in work.  If I enter 24 hours work it sets the units to 300%.

Is there a way of setting up a resource that can book 24 hours in a day, showing 100% in units?  I'm sure I'm just missing something.

Many thanks.

John

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 3:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Have you also set the task calendar to 24 hrs?

Hope this helps

Paul

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:31 PM
  • Hi John,

Make sure in project information you have setup correctly the 24hours calendar, .

Also check the calendar assigned to the resource go to resource sheet -> insert base calendar and select 24 hours calendar. in that way the 100% will be corrected.

Please let us know if this help you. .

Regards,

Ely^^,

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 8:00 AM
  • Hi,

Have you also set the task calendar to 24 hrs?

Hope this helps

Paul

Hi Paul

Sadly that doesn't seem to work.  I'm sure I'm just missing something somewhere.

John

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 9:09 AM
  • Hi Ely

For our projects some tasks will be 24 hours but most of them won't, so I'm not sure setting the project calendar as 24 hours will help.  I tried it anyway without any luck.

I'm using hte default 24 hour calendar, so I hope that is set up correctly.  I checked the resource information, it certainly seems to be pointing to the 24 hour calendar.

Many thanks

John

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 9:14 AM
  • False alarm on my part, it is working it just doesn't work how I imagined it would.

Im my tests I had assumed 1 day was calculated per resource so a 24hour resouce would show 24 hours.  But 1 day is 8 hours no matter what.

When I expanded the days it showed the resource working 24 hours per day.  Hence I suspect Pauls suggection of changing the task calendar changes the definition of 1 day to be calculated off the calendar.

Thank for your help Paul and Ely

John

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 10:15 AM