none
Can't add tasks to any project RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, I Can't add tasks to any project created in MS Project online. I used to work then it stopped working.
    Friday, September 7, 2018 9:12 AM

All replies

• Okay, 

1. Are you editing the project using MS Project or a browser

2. Is the project checked out to you or someone else.  If so, can you check it in or force check it in.

3. Do you get any error messages?

4. Please add some more detail around what buttons you are pressing and results you are seeing - it is very difficult to diagnose what is happening with the information you have given.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Friday, September 7, 2018 9:17 AM
  • Thanks for answering.

I have managed to add tasks eventually by selecting View: Tasks detail.

Still have the following problems:

1. Can't assign Resources to task. When I click the Resource names column field there is no resources to choose from although the resources are defined in the Resources.

2. Approval and Workflow are disabled (greyed  out) on the Project's Page tab.

Friday, September 7, 2018 11:02 AM
  • Hi Alex,

I don't mean to be direct, but PWA is really difficult to use unless you have some guidance or training, it seems like you might need to do a little reading and research if this isn't available to you.  Resources MUST be assigned to the project before you can select them. Do this by clicking on the Project Tab and selecting the Build Team button.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Friday, September 7, 2018 11:14 AM
  • Alex Us --

I would recommend that you ask your Project Online application administrator if he/she has recently changed any permissions to Groups or Categories in the system.  Your description sounds to me like some default permissions were changed, which would easily cause the problem you are experiencing.  Let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Saturday, September 8, 2018 4:42 PM