BT Keyboard & Mouse not responding after waking up the computer. Windows 7 32bit OS RRS feed

• Question

• I am running windows 7, 32 bit and I am very please with it.  So far, I have not had any major problems except some issue with the “Sleep Mode.”

I wake up the computer by pressing the power switch and the Log on window displays ready for me to log on, except that I cannot log on to the computer because there is no response from the keyboard or mouse when I am trying to type my password.  The only possible ways for me to log on is by shutting down and restarting the computer.  I have not yet tried to log on with a wired keyboard & mouse because I never had this problem with Windows XP.

Can anyone have an answer to this problem, please?

Thank you in advance.

Thursday, December 10, 2009 10:18 PM

Answers

• Did you download and install the correct drivers?

Software and driver for MS Keyboard Elite for Bluetooth

Software and driver for Intelimouse Explorer for Bluetooth 

If the issue still occurs, you can disable all startup items and third party services when booting. This method will help us determine if this issue is caused by a loading program or service. Please perform the following steps:

1. Click the Start Button type "msconfig" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

Note: If prompted, please click Continue on the User Account Control (UAC) window.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).
    3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

Then, restart the computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.

Please test this issue in the Clean Boot environment, if the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

The issue can also be caused by the ACPI of your BIOS. If the issue still occurs in Clean Boot Mode, I suggest you upgrade the BIOS.

If the above suggestions do not help, I suggest you contact the technical support for Microsoft Hardware.

Microsoft Help and Support - Hardware

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, December 17, 2009 7:55 AM
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 7:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What is the model of your Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse? Have you installed the compatible driver for windows 7?

Go to Device manager, right click on the keyboard and mouse, try "update driver software" to check the result.

To workaround this issue, right click the keyboard and mouse, choose "Properties"->"Power Management"->uncheck the box before "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and check "allow this device to wake the computer". Save settings.
    Friday, December 11, 2009 7:02 AM
  • Hi Magon_67,

Thank you for replying.  Model is MS Keyboard Elite for Bluetooth and Intelimouse Explorer for Bluetooth.  Yes, I have the latest updates compatible with Win 7.  After upgrading to windows 7 I re-installed every other components and downloaded the most recent updates available, also I check (manually) for possible updates from times to times.  I'm going to intall the wired KB & mouse to try once again and see if I have the same problem, I'll keep U posted.

Thanks,

FG
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 5:32 PM
  • Hi,

If reinstalling won't work, pls try the workaround I mentioned. If still no go, better find the compatible driver for windows XP or Vista and install them in compatible mode:

1. Right-click the exe. file and choose Properties.
    2. Under the Compatibility tab, please check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose "Windows Vista" or "Windows XP SP3\SP2".
    3. Check the box before “Run this program as an Administrator” below.
    4. Click OK to save the settings.
    5. Follow the instruction to install the driver, and test.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 4:43 AM
  • Did you download and install the correct drivers?

Software and driver for MS Keyboard Elite for Bluetooth

Software and driver for Intelimouse Explorer for Bluetooth 

If the issue still occurs, you can disable all startup items and third party services when booting. This method will help us determine if this issue is caused by a loading program or service. Please perform the following steps:

1. Click the Start Button type "msconfig" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

Note: If prompted, please click Continue on the User Account Control (UAC) window.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).
    3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

Then, restart the computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.

Please test this issue in the Clean Boot environment, if the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

The issue can also be caused by the ACPI of your BIOS. If the issue still occurs in Clean Boot Mode, I suggest you upgrade the BIOS.

If the above suggestions do not help, I suggest you contact the technical support for Microsoft Hardware.

Microsoft Help and Support - Hardware

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, December 17, 2009 7:55 AM
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 7:54 AM
  • Arthur,  -Thank very much for taking the time to help me with this issue.  Also, I'd like to apologyze for not getting to you soonest, I've been in and out of the country.

I have the latest updates available from microsoft and Dell, but that has not stop me from looking for other updates.
    I will try your suggetions and let you know the outcome.

Thank for your time,

FG
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 7:36 PM
  • I have been searching all over for an answer to this. As a datapoint I can offer that I don't use any bluetooth devices at all, esp. not a keyboard. Still exactly the same issue, and after waiting 2-10 minutes the computer wakes up and reproduces all the keystrokes including any Ctrl-Alt-Del.
    Monday, July 12, 2010 5:58 AM