No extras anymore? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have the retail version of vista ultimate 32bit running.

Because of some problems I need'ed to reinstall vista, but after reinstallation no extras apear in windows update??

(before reinstall I had all the extras installed)

Can anyone help,

Johnny

Thursday, February 15, 2007 11:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

To assure that your updates already installed, click View Hidden Updates from Windows Update left menu. Please note that some drivers were removed from Windows Update databases due to some unknown reasons, for example I've found that my Video Card rolled out of Windows Update and I never found such compatiable driver until the moment, and my bluetooth stack too.

Good luck

Friday, February 16, 2007 12:40 PM
  • If you mean Windows Ultimate Extras, at least you should get 15 extras about MUI "languages pack" for Windows Vista. If you lost 'em, try a system restore or install clean Windows Vista.

Some users are using pirated copies of Windows Vista, they won't get any extras anymore.

Good luck

Friday, February 16, 2007 7:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To assure that your updates already installed, click View Hidden Updates from Windows Update left menu. Please note that some drivers were removed from Windows Update databases due to some unknown reasons, for example I've found that my Video Card rolled out of Windows Update and I never found such compatiable driver until the moment, and my bluetooth stack too.

Good luck

Friday, February 16, 2007 12:40 PM
  • There's no hidden extras in my update list??

Friday, February 16, 2007 12:56 PM
  • If you mean Windows Ultimate Extras, at least you should get 15 extras about MUI "languages pack" for Windows Vista. If you lost 'em, try a system restore or install clean Windows Vista.

Some users are using pirated copies of Windows Vista, they won't get any extras anymore.

Good luck

Friday, February 16, 2007 7:17 PM
  • Don't you have to "turn on" the extras from the Windows Update window before you get them?  It's been a while since I set up my Ultimate, but I seem to remember having to click on a link to turn this feature on....
    Friday, February 16, 2007 7:31 PM
  • I have the language packs, but still no extras?? :(

ahmhdy wrote:

If you mean Windows Ultimate Extras, at least you should get 15 extras about MUI "languages pack" for Windows Vista. If you lost 'em, try a system restore or install clean Windows Vista.

Good luck

Friday, February 16, 2007 11:05 PM
  • Are you doing Windows Update accross proxy server?
    Saturday, February 17, 2007 10:54 AM
  • No I'm not behind proxy..

Before I reinstalled vista, I had all the extras, but now none of them apeared?

Saturday, February 17, 2007 2:26 PM