none
Microsoft OneDrive for Business KFM (Known Folder Move) unavailable in Windows 10. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am currently trying to figure out why Windows 10 devices are unable to use the Known Folder Move on One Drive for Business using build 18.131.0701.0007 on Windows 10.

Some Windows 10 devices are able to use the feature and some are not, all using the same build. This issue is not occurring for Windows 7 machines running the same build.

I have tried manually specifying via Group Policy to disable the policy to prevent users from using KFM, however this did not solve the issue.

I have also attempted this with a fresh install of One Drive for Business.

Screenshots from Windows 7:

Windows 10 screenshot:

There are machines that were having the issue and now they are not. As far as I know nothing was changed and they are running the same build of OneDrive for Business.

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 8:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Now that this KFM feature is available on some devices, I recommend that you check the settings in the Local Group Policy Editor and the key settings in the registry, and compare them with the settings on the device that normally runs this feature. See if you can find out where the difference is. OneDrive key in in the registry:  HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\OneDrive. There is an article: Use Group Policy to control OneDrive sync client settings may help you deploy OneDrive with Group Policy. You can query the relevant registry settings from this article.

In addition, what account do these users use to log in, Office 365 OneDrive account or personal OneDrive account? As far as I know, Moving known folders to personal OneDrive accounts is already blocked on domain-joined PCs. For more information about OneDrive Known Folder Move feature, please refer to this blog.

If you have any question about Office, please feel free to let me know.
    Best Regards,
    Herb Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Microsoft Team

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams
    Thursday, August 23, 2018 8:59 AM
  • Hello,

Any update here? Have you solved the problem? Is my answer helpful to you?

I'm looking forward to your response. If you have any additions, or update, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Herb Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Microsoft Team

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams
    Monday, August 27, 2018 9:58 AM