Need Immediate Help! RRS feed

• Question

• Good Day to All,

Since the 2nd of May, I've been having problems with my Windows Vista Ultimate.

System Setup:

Sony Vaio AR51SU, 4GB Ram, 2x500GB HardDrive (as 1GB Drive), dual boot (Windows Vista Ultimate w/SP2 and Windows 7).

The Windows 7 partition boots without a problem, so I don't think I'm having a hardware (Ram, Storage, etc.) problem.

Recently, I installed a USB umts stick for remote work for my job. Everything was working fine, and then one day my Vista Ultimate starts BSOD by boot/reboot. I restore a backup to get the system working again. After searching the internet, I found out that a driver from Acronis (Try and Decide) and the Huawei (usb umts) was not getting along very well.  So, I installed Windows 7 on a 200GB partition and restored the Vista from a backup that I had. Everything starting working fine again. Then, after an automatic WSU, the problem has returned. I can't get out of the BSOD loop when booting Vista. Even after setting the system to not boot on a crash, it still boots on a crash. So, I can't see the error message.

I'ved tried a system restore from the an install cd, but it says there is no restore point on the drive. 

Now my questions:

1. How can I get the system to not boot after a blue screen?

2. How can I uninstall drivers when the system won't boot?

3. How can I get permissions to files on the Vista partition while I'm in Windows 7?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Desperately trying to get Vista working again.

Jasper

“Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.” Chinese Proverb

Monday, May 14, 2012 5:01 PM