Outlook 2016 Standard - Partially Synching Emails RRS feed

• Question

• One of our end user is experiencing the issue that he receives only one occasional email of an ongoing correspondence, while his email is copied from the first email.

I have performed the following steps:

1- New profile created

2- Update the Office

3- Archived all the emails

This account is using IMAP with 3rd party Email Provider.

The interesting this is that all the emails are being received when we check it online, however it does not synch it with outlook.

I have seen this issue widely on the internet and assume that there is a kind of issue in outlook itself.

Please provide an urgent solution.

• Moved by Perry-Pan Wednesday, March 21, 2018 5:01 AM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 10:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried manually updating folders to see whether you could receive all messages? To do this, please click Update Folders under Send/Receive tab.

Besides, I'd like to know whether this account is configured on multiple devices. As far as I know, if the account is set as a POP3 account on another computer or phone, messages will be downloaded to the local folder and deleted from server which may cause missing messages on other devices. It's suggested to use IMAP type on all clients.

In case there is a corrupted view setting, we could reset view via View > Reset View to check the result.

Any updates, please post back at ease.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, March 26, 2018 1:00 AM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 5:25 AM
  • hi,

Have you solved this issue now?

Just to check whether my reply helps.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 23, 2018 12:44 AM