PWS is OMG slow RRS feed

• Question

• Seriously try to use any of the SCOM cmdlets to retrieve data or change config, and it's OMG slow, as in really really seriously slow.  And please don't ask what I'm trying to do because from what I've seen ITS ALL SLOW!  There are no fast results with SCOM.  I know of no other product where the CLI is so clunky and slow.  SCCM management is super fast and decades ahead of this clunky crap.

Go ahead and enable proxying for all your servers, disable a list of subscriptions, or get a list of alerts for a certain agent.  It takes forever.  No there is no excuse for this, the architechture is awkward and clumsy, and that's why it's this way.  From what I'm seeing SCOM 2012 has few if any improvements.

Sorry, this is just rant, I'm not looking for help since there is no help possible here.  It is "as designed".

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:01 PM

Answers

• Feel better now?  Welcome to the support group. ;-)  All kidding aside, I think you should log this on connect as product feedback so that the product team can maybe address it in up coming versions.  Venting is great, but getting it to the PM via proper channels might help you in the long run. 

Regards, Blake Email: mengotto<at>hotmail.com Blog: http://discussitnow.wordpress.com/ If my response was helpful, please mark it as so, if it answered your question, then please also mark it accordingly. Thank you.

• Edited by Blake Mengotto Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Thursday, September 6, 2012 6:14 AM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:39 PM