Strange Skype Federation Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have Lync 2013 with 1 edge server and 1 front end server. Everything is working fine both external and internal. I turned on Skype federation and was able to connect to a user.  From LYNC 2013 client (non-mobile) on Windows 8.1 I can see presence from the Skype user, IM the user and make an audio call. From the Skype client, I can also see presence for the Lync us4er and IM that user. when I try to make a call the call never connects. Eventually the Lync client times out.   From a IPAD the Skype can make an audio call to the IPAD which is the same user account as was singed into the Windows client.  Both the IPAD and Windows 8 machines are on the same network which is remote to the Lync servers.  It seems that any client running on the Windows 8 machines fails for inbound audio only.  I tried to turn off the FW, and and AV and no dice. 

Any thoughts?

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2:15 AM

Answers

• I was able to remove everything related to the federation and reinstall.  Everything works now.
    • Proposed as answer by Holger Bunkradt Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Monday, February 24, 2014 7:56 AM
    Friday, February 21, 2014 7:10 PM

All replies

• Not sure about the sentence “Both the IPAD and Windows 8 machines are on the same network which is remote to the Lync servers”.

Did you mean the clients are external users or internal users in another subnet?

The call process is little different between Lync desktop client and mobile client.

If both Skype users and Lync users signed in internally. The Skype may have problem to access A/V edge service. You can use network capture tool to check the traffic.

The following blog is for your reference about the call process between Lync mobile clients:

http://blog.schertz.name/2013/11/lync-mobility-media-paths/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Lisa Zheng
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:48 AM
  • I was able to remove everything related to the federation and reinstall.  Everything works now.
    • Proposed as answer by Holger Bunkradt Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Monday, February 24, 2014 7:56 AM
    Friday, February 21, 2014 7:10 PM