Delete (not reset) style of followed hyperlinks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have two questions regarding hyperlinks?

1) Is it possible to delete the style of followed hyperlinks

What I mean is this: supposed I have 2 texts A and B. A is times new roman size 16 in black, B is arial size 12 in green. I set them to hyperlinks and they turn blue and underlined (however their font police and size do not change). Now I would like these attributes to remain the SAME as before after I click on the hyperlinks. Is this possible?

I have searched around and it seems that it's possible to change the style to something specific, but not to keep it the same as what the text currently has.

2) Hopefully this should be a possible yes/or answer: is it possible to differentiate the styles of external hyperlinks (to internet pages) vs. internal ones (bookmarks within a document)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Edited by duclepham Monday, January 10, 2011 3:25 AM edit
    Monday, January 10, 2011 3:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you mean the hyperlink in word, you may revert the changes.

Also, you may also re-configure its format.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:21 AM
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:39 AM
  • Hi jubinell,

Instead of using hyperlinks to navigate to bookmarks within a document, you can use ordinary cross-reference fields - with the hyperlink switch. If you want, you could add a character style to these fields to distinguish them from the surrounding text. Clicking on such links will not cause them to change colour the way followed hyperlinks do. If you give the internal cross-references a character style that makes the text, say green underlined, that will also help to differentiate them from external hyperlinks.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean the hyperlink in word, you may revert the changes.

Also, you may also re-configure its format.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:39 AM
  • Hi jubinell,

Instead of using hyperlinks to navigate to bookmarks within a document, you can use ordinary cross-reference fields - with the hyperlink switch. If you want, you could add a character style to these fields to distinguish them from the surrounding text. Clicking on such links will not cause them to change colour the way followed hyperlinks do. If you give the internal cross-references a character style that makes the text, say green underlined, that will also help to differentiate them from external hyperlinks.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:50 PM