none
SCDPM 2012 R2 Update rollup 4 (KB3009516) installation failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I tried to install UR4 onto DPM 2012 R2 server, and installation failed.

Here is attached log file:

http://1drv.ms/1wnNVaR

I have no suggestions, what means "Transforming table Error".

How should I fix it?

Monday, December 8, 2014 11:12 AM

Answers

• Already got it.

ExecuteSqlStrings:  Error 0x80040e14: failed to execute SQL string, error: BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally., SQL key: KB3009516_BackupDpmDb.sql.97DDF5B3_3770_4C3E_8673_52BD081E1EFD SQL string: BACKUP DATABASE DPMDB_S_MOW_BACKUP1 TO DISK = 'QFEDPMDB_S_MOW_BACKUP1.bak' WITH COPY_ONLY, INIT

Haven't noticed it earlier. 

The file with the same name already was exist, this was a Juny backup. However, after I've deleted this file and re-install the update, I discovered that the damned update installer rolled my DPM database back to juny state (after failed installation). Holy shit.

So, if you want to install DPM update rollup - first, move your backup files from default location!

• Marked as answer by EugenBerend Friday, June 24, 2016 6:44 PM
    Monday, December 8, 2014 2:01 PM

All replies

• Already got it.

ExecuteSqlStrings:  Error 0x80040e14: failed to execute SQL string, error: BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally., SQL key: KB3009516_BackupDpmDb.sql.97DDF5B3_3770_4C3E_8673_52BD081E1EFD SQL string: BACKUP DATABASE DPMDB_S_MOW_BACKUP1 TO DISK = 'QFEDPMDB_S_MOW_BACKUP1.bak' WITH COPY_ONLY, INIT

Haven't noticed it earlier. 

The file with the same name already was exist, this was a Juny backup. However, after I've deleted this file and re-install the update, I discovered that the damned update installer rolled my DPM database back to juny state (after failed installation). Holy shit.

So, if you want to install DPM update rollup - first, move your backup files from default location!

• Marked as answer by EugenBerend Friday, June 24, 2016 6:44 PM
    Monday, December 8, 2014 2:01 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry to hear about that failed update install and rollback - we will be working on the update installer to make it more robust so it can handle conditions like that.

In the mean time - if not doing so already - be sure to protect your DPMDB - see the following blog.

How to protect your Data Protection Manager SQL database

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, December 8, 2014 10:16 PM