appv and nokia ovi suite RRS feed

• Question

• can the nokia ovi suite be sequenced in app v.

Friday, June 3, 2011 2:10 PM

Answers

• ok!this is what i've done.

1.i selected the applications installer which i wanted to sequence.

2.once you've selected the application the next step is to run it.

3.the moment i select run,i receive an error:

"initialising failed"

"unable to proced with the  installer  execution"

i could run the sequencer but it seems that there were un-supported drivers detected.it also gives in the report which drivers it was.

it reads as follows:

WARINING:

THE SEQUENCER DETECTED AN UNSUPPORTED DRIVER.KERNEL AND USER-MODE DRIVERSARE NOT SUPPORTED IN THE APP-V VIRTUAL ENVIROMENT.

UNSUPPORTED DRIVERS DETECTED ARE AS FOLLOWS:

System\CurrentControlSet\WudfPf

System\CurrentControlSet\WudfRd

Resolution:

Extract or obtain the standalone driver and install it locally on the  client.

so i'm just trying to find out where to find that driver but the app has been sequenced.

Monday, June 6, 2011 10:48 AM

All replies

• Probably, have you attempted to sequence it? Does the Ovi Suite have drivers?

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Saturday, June 4, 2011 8:02 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Monday, June 6, 2011 9:24 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2011 5:58 PM
  • i don't know if it had drivers cause it's not the same as the PC suite.the one i used is a installer application. 
    Monday, June 6, 2011 6:31 AM
  • Hello,

Since it seems you have very little knowledge of the inner-workings of the application, may I suggest that you attempt to sequence the application and then post in great detail what you have attempted todo, how you have attempted todo it and what happend.  
    /Znack
    Monday, June 6, 2011 6:58 AM

"initialising failed"

Monday, June 6, 2011 8:34 AM
  • Hello,

If you google for the last error message - the following thread can be found;

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Ovi-Suite/Ovi-Suiye-2-1-Initialising-Failed-Unable-to-proceed-with-the/td-p/647531

If this applies to you, we do not know since you did not specify that much details in your explanation 

/Znack
    Monday, June 6, 2011 8:37 AM

"initialising failed"

i could run the sequencer but it seems that there were un-supported drivers detected.it also gives in the report which drivers it was.

it reads as follows:

WARINING:

THE SEQUENCER DETECTED AN UNSUPPORTED DRIVER.KERNEL AND USER-MODE DRIVERSARE NOT SUPPORTED IN THE APP-V VIRTUAL ENVIROMENT.

UNSUPPORTED DRIVERS DETECTED ARE AS FOLLOWS:

System\CurrentControlSet\WudfPf

System\CurrentControlSet\WudfRd

Resolution:

Extract or obtain the standalone driver and install it locally on the  client.

so i'm just trying to find out where to find that driver but the app has been sequenced.

Monday, June 6, 2011 10:48 AM