none
Use Domain Joined PCs outside DC network RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a few domain joined PCs that I need to use outside the network which contains the AD DC. I have the IP address of the DC hardset into the computer in Control Panel. I have a feeling this is the issue but am not sure how to resolve it. When connecting to other networks, the computer would be searching for the DC which is obviously not on other networks. Is there a way that I can solve this so my users are able to use their PCs outside the work environment?

Thanks,

Connor 

Thursday, January 24, 2019 2:25 AM

Answers

• The simplest method is to use DHCP assigned addresses in both environments. If for some reason the domain network must be static then you could do the domain setup on the Alternate Configuration tab

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, January 24, 2019 2:31 AM

All replies

• The simplest method is to use DHCP assigned addresses in both environments. If for some reason the domain network must be static then you could do the domain setup on the Alternate Configuration tab

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, January 24, 2019 2:31 AM
  • Thank you, Dave

Have a good day!

Connor

Sunday, January 27, 2019 2:25 AM
  • You're welcome.

(please don't forget to mark helpful replies as answer)

Sunday, January 27, 2019 2:54 AM