none
Project Server 2013 Project Center links RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My Team Members can see their project in Project Center. When they click the Linked Project name it directs them to the http://server/PWA/Project%20Detail%20Pages/ProjectDetails.aspx?ProjUid=GUID. They get an Access Denied on this Project Details page titled Workflow Status with Basic Info and Details as the subheadings.

I want them to be abled to go to http://serv1s15/PWA/Project%20Detail%20Pages/Schedule.aspx?ProjUid=GUID the Schedule page but they don't get the link navigation on the details page because of the Access Denied on the Project Details Page.

Also when the Team Member gets to the Schedule page there is an Access Denied even though the task grid displays. It looks like the Access Denied is overlayed where the TimeLine banner would be.

Which Permission allows "View Project Detail in PWA" or how to get the equivalent.

Thanks

• Edited by Toomanyhats Friday, August 30, 2013 3:52 PM more
    Friday, August 30, 2013 3:44 PM

All replies

• Have you resolved this issue? I am getting the same problem...

Seems that you have to add the "Open project" "New projects" permissions to Team Members group for these two project details to work... which is not what I give to my team members.

J-F

Jean-François Guertin Entreprise Solution Architect Collaborum Services Conseils Inc | 1-581-997-4911 | jfguertin@collaborum.com Certifications Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 - 2010 Windows SharePoint Services 3.0

Monday, September 30, 2013 10:32 PM
  • No this remains unresolved.
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:38 PM
  • I was able to find a workaround in the meantime but it is definitely a bug with the Project Details (2007 Backward compatible) web part...

First, you have to provide the "Open Project" category permission to Team Members to get rid of the Access Denies error. At that point, you should get a "Web part unable to load" error when you try to load the Project Details page.

Second, you have to go edit the Project Details web page (Server Settings -> Project Details Pages) and remove both web parts from the web page. Then add them back one by one by using the "Basic Info" web part for both. Do not use the Project Details (Backward compatible) web part as it breaks the web page.

J-F 

Jean-François Guertin Entreprise Solution Architect Collaborum Services Conseils Inc | 1-581-997-4911 | jfguertin@collaborum.com Certifications Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 - 2010 Windows SharePoint Services 3.0

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 10:03 PM
  • I assume by your reply that in Sharepoint permission mode this is impossible, right?

Our workflow is:

1. Project Manager A creates a project and share it as read to the rest of Project Managers (AD Group)

2. Project Manager B access the PWA and see the project on Project Center

3. When Project Manager B clicks on the link of this project it shows "Sorry, this site has not been shared with you"

The link it is supossed to go to the Project Detail Page.

Any idea?

Should I be forced to use Project Server permissions?

Thanks!

Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:33 AM