none
Timesheet could not add task from existing project task assignment RRS feed

• Question

• HI there,

I tried to add a task in Timesheet (PWA2013) from an existing assignment. However, there is no task listed under the project when I open the dialog "Add an existing task". It only shows me the project name, I click it, nothing under the project. Due to this issue, I could not add any existing task into the timesheet.Please look at the screenshot. The "test project" is the project name, while no  any task under this project.

Any help is appreciated!

Cindy

Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:25 PM

All replies

• See the image below and click on the circled button then you will be able to see the task and select them.

kirtesh

Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:40 PM
  • Hi Cindy,

What I can think for query, there could be two reason for this behavior as mentioned below.

1. Please check under Test Project, you must have some task assigned to yourself, without which you won't be able to see any task for time logging.
    2. In case tasks have been assigned to you but still you can't see them, then ask your project manager to check whether he/she has "Closed tasks for update". If yes then you can't log your time against closed tasks in that project.

So please check and let me know.

Thanks !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:42 PM
  • Hi Kritesh,

Thanks for replying.However, I have clicked the button you mentioned above, no any task displayed. Please look at the screenshot!

Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:52 PM
  • Hi Sachin,

THANKS! I checked the project, there did tasks assigned to me. Also, they are closed for update.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:53 PM
  • Yes as you mentioned above, those tasks are closed for updates then you cant log your time on those tasks any more in PWA timesheet.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:55 PM
  • Sachin,

I also tried to save and publish the task to check the timesheet. Result is the same.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:18 PM
  • To log your time on Closed tasks, fist you have to "unlock" those tasks for update and publish your plan , from PWA server settings "Close Tasks to Update" page . Then you can log your time on those tasks. As shown below simply uncheck the "Lock" column for the tasks on which you want to log your time.

Hope this helps you, also mark as answer if any post resolves your query

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:31 PM
  • Hi Cindy,

Indeed if you cannot access the server setting from the quick launch menu in the left part of PWA, you have to request administrator rights to your admin.

I would add an important comment : in PWA2013, the "close to update" PWA2010 feature no longer exists and has been replace by the "lock" feature, which works basically the same.

To unlock tasks in PWA2013,

• go to server setting, manage views,
    • choose a project view,
    • insert the "lock" column,
    • go to the project center,
    • check out your project schedule,
    • select the view you just modified,
    • change the value in the lock field for the given task,
    • publish the project

Read this post here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/28d4914d-5a80-4638-8153-94155a7d43fe/locked-feature-not-working-in-pwa-2013?forum=projectserver2010general

And this article: http://epmsource.com/2012/10/31/where-has-close-tasks-to-update-gone-in-project-server-2013/

Then it should be ok.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Thursday, February 6, 2014 10:09 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. I did try it. The problem is that it still could not display any tasks. Do you know if there anything else I could do? We have a lot of projects and tasks, while only the tasks below one project can be observed from the timesheet.

I really appreciate your help!

Thanks again!

Cindy

Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:27 PM
  • Hi Sachin,

Thanks for your response! The tasks have already been unlocked. However, it doesn't help.

Do you know somewhere else I could check or change?

Cindy

Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:29 PM
  • Hi Cindy,

Have you tried to save and publish your Project from MS-Project after unlocking the tasks.

Also check is there any error in queue jobs while.

Also if there is no job error after saving and publish project after unlocking the tasks, can you please delete that time-sheet and recreate new timesheet.

Just give it a try and let me know.

Thanks !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Friday, February 7, 2014 6:23 AM
  • Hi Sachin,

I did save and publish my project after unlocking the tasks.

The odd thing is that, tasks of one project could be added to timesheet. Only that one works. There is nothing listed under other projects.

I also checked the queue jobs, there did have some errors. See below. Such kind of errors exists for all of projects, even for the one works.

I'm so confused! Thanks for your help!

Cindy

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:53 PM
  • Hi,

Can you create a new timesheet for different period and let us know whether you are able to see tasks from that problematic Project in your new time sheet or not.

Also, Please open your problematic project and add "Publish (task field)" attribute in your project plan and check the value in Publish column for your tasks, If it is "No" then Change it to "Yes" and save and publish your Project Plan again.

Then you'll see those tasks in your time sheet.

Thanks !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Thursday, February 13, 2014 10:57 AM