Windows 7 laptop CPU quickly climbs to 100% and stays RRS feed

• General discussion

• I had a problem with a Windows 7 Dell laptop dual core 64 CPU utilization quickly climbing to 100% after a reboot and staying.  Not launching any applications other than the few in start or registry run.  No virus, no bad drivers.  I finally noticed the CPU frequency was at 8% on the process monitor.  Blew out the fan with a little compressed air and BINGO!  CPU utilization back to normal and CPU frequency moving around from 75 to 85%.

Looks like a heat problem slowing down the CPU.  This host has an integrated nvidia display processor, which I have seen mentioned in other forums as being sensitive to dust buildup.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:10 PM

All replies

• Glad you figure it out and share the experience with us. It will help other members here.

Thanks for the effort!

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:08 AM