none
Exchange Connectivity Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I'm trying to find a tool to test connectivity performance on Exchange 2007.  We have a total of about 15 servers each hosting different roles, and we think it may be time for another CA server.  Before creating the server i'd like to make sure that this is in fact the issue.  Are there any native tools or 3rd party other then Performance Monitor that can help check this?

Thanks!

Friday, September 2, 2011 5:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• What do you use for monitoring now?

Friday, September 2, 2011 5:46 PM
  • We are in the process of getting SolarWinds setup on our exchange servers, however I'm not sure of a real ETA on that.  We have zabbix which does very little in terms of monitoring those types of exchange processes.  Until this we used the process monitor to track it, however at this point i do not find that efficient enough.
    Friday, September 2, 2011 5:54 PM
  • We are in the process of getting SolarWinds setup on our exchange servers, however I'm not sure of a real ETA on that.  We have zabbix which does very little in terms of monitoring those types of exchange processes.  Until this we used the process monitor to track it, however at this point i do not find that efficient enough.

If it has a reporting feature, that would be the best option I would think to determine if you need more horsepower.

Friday, September 2, 2011 6:05 PM
  • Per my experience, we can monitor client access related connecitivity like test-owaconnecitivity. Aslo we can use system center operation manager to monitor Exchange Servers. Since SCOM use Management Pack to monitor applications, so you can check Exchange 2007 MP first.

Exchange Server 2007 Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007 SP1

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=23944

Xiu

• Marked as answer by Raptor3861 Tuesday, September 6, 2011 11:45 AM
    Monday, September 5, 2011 6:56 AM