GPO Disable Stationery and Fonts Outlook 2016 - 365 (90 % solved) RRS feed

All replies

• https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/email/disable-stationery-fonts-using-group-policy/

This might help, detailed steps are in it.. Just update the version to 16.0 in the registry path

Saturday, May 11, 2019 3:40 AM
  • https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/email/disable-stationery-fonts-using-group-policy/

This might help, detailed steps are in it.. Just update the version to 16.0 in the registry path

It worked with code 5611 for disable More stationery (E-mail message using -> ore stationery) but I tried to use code 3766, this code cannot disable Stationery and Fonts (File -> Options -> Mail -> Stationery and Fonts

Sunday, May 12, 2019 2:16 PM
  • According to the comments of Diane (our MVP)in the link above, the Control ID 3766 doesn't work for Outlook 2016. And currently, there is no options to disable the Stationery and Fonts option (File -> Options -> Mail -> Stationery and Fonts).

Do you want to set a default and non-changeable stationery for all users?

After further researching, I found that the NewStationery key can also be added under “Policies” key to prevent users from changing stationery.

We need to use this registry key to enforce stationery usage:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\MailSettings

Value name: NewStationery

Value type: REG_EXPAND_SZ

Value: Name of the HTML file, without the .htm tag

Please refer to this article: Prevent Users From Choosing Stationery

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, May 13, 2019 4:43 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:32 AM
    Monday, May 13, 2019 4:41 AM
  • Thank you Perry,

Can you explain for me about .html file? I don't know how to create this file

For example, if the name of the stationery file is “Company Letterhead.htm” the value for NewStationery would be “Company Letterhead”

Monday, May 13, 2019 6:41 AM
  • Please refer to this official article: Create stationery for email messages

You can find the stationary file via holding Ctrl and clicking the option "Stationery and Fonts". Normally, it is located at %appdata%\microsoft\stationery.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, May 16, 2019 9:52 AM
    Monday, May 13, 2019 7:36 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates with this issue?

If the information above is helpful to you, it's recommended to mark it as answer. If you have further concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, May 17, 2019 5:17 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, May 17, 2019 5:17 AM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:32 AM
  • Thanks you for your replying.

Font button is hidden for both New mail messages and Replying or forwarding messages

but I still can edit Font of Composing and reading plain text messages

Monday, May 20, 2019 3:29 PM
  • Thanks you for your replying.

Font button is hidden for both New mail messages and Replying or forwarding messages

but I still can edit Font of Composing and reading plain text messages

I also tested this on my side and get same result with you. Font for plain text format can always be changed. In this case, I'm afraid this could be design.

I've searched a lot and haven't found related official articles. Currently, If you have more concerns on this feature, it is encouraged to visit the Outlook user voice forum to vote for a similar idea or post your own.

We may set stricter policy for users to use the default font.

Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 4:30 AM