SharePoint 2007 - Images display on one machine, not another RRS feed

• Question

• I'm almost positive this will turn out to be a setting in Internet Explorer, but here goes:

Symptoms:

In regards to images displaying on our SharePoint Site:
    -  Some users see nothing but a Red X, while most see the images.
    -  Nobody appears to be able to see them from our Citrix environment.
    -  When I'm logged into my account from my desktop or laptop (via VPN) I can see the images.  When I log into Citrix, I cannot see the images.  Since I'm logged into the same SharePoint account, that's where I figured it'd be an IE issue.

In regards to files:
    -  Same users/machines that cannot see images, also cannot access files that are NOT stored in a Library.  Can access Library documents fine, just not the ones stored on same server in a different location.

Environment:

Server OS:  Windows 2003 SP1
    SharePoint:  SharePoint Server 2007 (Ver. 12.0.6219.1000)
    Users:  Pull from Active Directory
    Web Browser:  Internet Explorer 7 & 8 (get mixed results from both)

Don't laugh!  The Web Admins before me were lazy and never updated anything.

SharePoint Site Details:

Users:  All have same basic rights for the main pages.  This is where the linked documents and images were first noted for giving issues.
    Even when logging in with the same account from different computers (connected via Citrix or VPN, or directly to the network) resulted in a working SharePoint Site or missing images/documents

Images:  The images in question are not stored in Picture Libraries.  They are uploaded directly to the images folder of each specific Site/Page (example: \\Mbf224\mbfnet\upaf\images) and the images are displayed via Content Editor Web Parts.

Files:  The files in question are also not stored in Libraries.  They are uploaded to a directory on our SharePoint server (either in the SharePoint folder or in a completely different location on the hard disk), and then a Link Library is used to point to the physical file.

The issue seems to have been going on for longer than I've been Web Admin, which has been less than a year.  In that time, I've discovered that our SharePoint server hasn't really been updated (along with Windows) for about three years.  It was just recently rebooted for the first time I can remember, also.  So no real updates have been done it it that could have cause the problems.

I've ran searches through Google and multiple sites and just can't find a solution.  So I'm either wording my search incorrectly, or I'm the only bozo having this issue.

I've compared the settings in my desktops IE7 to the settings on my Citrix account, and just cannot get my Citrix IE to display the pictures.

If anyone has seen this issue before or has some ideas, that would be wonderful.
    If you have any questions for me, don't hesitate to ask.  I've learned SharePoint from nothing since May, so I will try to answer to the best of my ability.

~Chad

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 10:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It clearly shows that the issue is at your citrix configurtaion.

So I would suggest you to involve your citrix admin here and then check if they are blocking the images.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:27 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion, but it also happens on users desktops/laptops while connected directly to our network.  Not just through Citrix.  There are others like me though, that can view them fine when not in Citrix.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 4:23 AM