none
Calendar permission RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All
    i am using exchange hybrid environment, i have a shared mailbox(sbox01@contoso.com) on exchange online, i want to restrict calendar permissions for it. i have 3 users who can view and edit shared mailbox calendar and i have 10 users who can just view the calendar and rest of the users should not be able to view the calendar. experts guide me on this.

for the 3 users i will give editor access using the below syntax, is the below syntax correct.
    Add-MailboxFolderPermission -identity "sbox01@contoso.com:\calendar" -user "user1@contoso.com" "user2@contoso.com" "user3@contoso.com" -accessrights editor

for the 10 users should i give reviewer access, what permission shud i give for the rest of the users who
    should not view the calendar. what is the difference between LimitedDetails, AvailabilityOnly & Reviewer, please help me with the syntax.
    Tuesday, December 10, 2019 4:47 PM

Answers

• You can go with reviewer permission for the other 10 users.

command would be same where you need to user -accessrights reviewer.

For details regarding the permissions in details you can go through the link below

• Author: CreateItems, DeleteOwnedItems, EditOwnedItems, FolderVisible, ReadItems

• Contributor: CreateItems, FolderVisible

• Editor: CreateItems, DeleteAllItems, DeleteOwnedItems, EditAllItems, EditOwnedItems, FolderVisible, ReadItems

• None: FolderVisible

• NonEditingAuthor: CreateItems, FolderVisible, ReadItems

• Owner: CreateItems, CreateSubfolders, DeleteAllItems, DeleteOwnedItems, EditAllItems, EditOwnedItems, FolderContact, FolderOwner, FolderVisible, ReadItems

• PublishingEditor: CreateItems, CreateSubfolders, DeleteAllItems, DeleteOwnedItems, EditAllItems, EditOwnedItems, FolderVisible, ReadItems

• PublishingAuthor: CreateItems, CreateSubfolders, DeleteOwnedItems, EditOwnedItems, FolderVisible, ReadItems

• Reviewer: FolderVisible, ReadItems

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/mailboxes/add-mailboxfolderpermission?view=exchange-ps

Kindly mark it as answer if that helped

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.]

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 5:08 PM
  • Hi

Agree with Vasil, you needn’t assign permissions to the 10 users if you don’t want them to view the calendar. The default permission setting only allow these 10 users view the free/busy time. The following is the default settings:

The users which are assigned Reviewer permission can view the full details of the calendar, such as the location, subject, time.

The LimitedDetails indicates users can view free/busy information with subject and location. AvailabilityOnly indicates users only can view free/busy time. 

Regards,

Vera Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11:42 AM

All replies

• You can go with reviewer permission for the other 10 users.

command would be same where you need to user -accessrights reviewer.

For details regarding the permissions in details you can go through the link below

• Author: CreateItems, DeleteOwnedItems, EditOwnedItems, FolderVisible, ReadItems

• Contributor: CreateItems, FolderVisible

• Editor: CreateItems, DeleteAllItems, DeleteOwnedItems, EditAllItems, EditOwnedItems, FolderVisible, ReadItems

• None: FolderVisible

• NonEditingAuthor: CreateItems, FolderVisible, ReadItems

• Owner: CreateItems, CreateSubfolders, DeleteAllItems, DeleteOwnedItems, EditAllItems, EditOwnedItems, FolderContact, FolderOwner, FolderVisible, ReadItems

• PublishingEditor: CreateItems, CreateSubfolders, DeleteAllItems, DeleteOwnedItems, EditAllItems, EditOwnedItems, FolderVisible, ReadItems

• PublishingAuthor: CreateItems, CreateSubfolders, DeleteOwnedItems, EditOwnedItems, FolderVisible, ReadItems

• Reviewer: FolderVisible, ReadItems

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/mailboxes/add-mailboxfolderpermission?view=exchange-ps

Kindly mark it as answer if that helped

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.]

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 5:08 PM
  • Don't give them any permissions. Or if you have changed the "Default" level permissions, add those 10 users with the "None" level. Otherwise they will be able to view the Calendar.
    Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:24 PM
  • Hi

Agree with Vasil, you needn’t assign permissions to the 10 users if you don’t want them to view the calendar. The default permission setting only allow these 10 users view the free/busy time. The following is the default settings:

The users which are assigned Reviewer permission can view the full details of the calendar, such as the location, subject, time.

The LimitedDetails indicates users can view free/busy information with subject and location. AvailabilityOnly indicates users only can view free/busy time. 

Regards,

Vera Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11:42 AM
  • Any updates so far? If you have got your expectations, could you share with us? Maybe it will help more people with similar requirements.

Regards,

Vera Shen

Monday, December 16, 2019 10:55 AM
  • Although I don't know if you have got the answer of your question. The following is a brief summary of this question so that others can get help from here.

Request
    ==========================================
    What’s the permission should I give to the users which should not view the calendar? And what are the differences between LimitedDetails, AvailabilityOnly & Reviewer?

Suggestions
    If you don’t want them to view the calendar, you needn’t assign permission to them. The default permission setting only allow these users view the free/busy time.

Reference links
    Add-MailboxFolderPermission

Regards,

Vera Shen

Friday, December 20, 2019 3:26 PM