Set First Response Workflows failing - SCSM 2012 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• I am seeing a lot of errors with workflows all of a sudden after upgrading to SP1 last week. A good example is the Set First Response workflow where I am seeing the following (note this is after Ignoring about 50 failures and retrying the handful that are in the screen shot).

Below is the error details from the log as well:

System.Exception: Loading managed module type in assembly "Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Modules.PowerShell, Culture="", PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, Version=6.0.4900.0" with type name "Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Modules.PowerShell.PowerShellProbeActionModule" failed with error "The module assembly "Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Modules.PowerShell, Culture="", PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, Version=6.0.4900.0" could not be loaded.  The exception was: \nCould not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Modules.PowerShell, Version=6.0.4900.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040).".

This may be because the type or assembly could not be found or the type does not have the MonitoringModuleAttribute.

Workflow: SetIncidentFirstResponse.WindowsPowerShellScript.6ca1454d_f7fb_40f8_8fea_2605f7afe974

Instance: WM-SM01

Instance ID: {59FBE663-4EB1-B2B6-0146-47ED705FB9B3}

Management Group: SCSM2012 ADMINS MANAGEMENT SERVER

Full Exception Text:

Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.HealthService.HealthServiceException: The module assembly "Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Modules.PowerShell, Culture="", PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, Version=6.0.4900.0" could not be loaded.  The exception was: \nCould not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Modules.PowerShell, Version=6.0.4900.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040). ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Modules.PowerShell, Version=6.0.4900.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
    File name: 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Modules.PowerShell, Version=6.0.4900.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
       at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
       at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
       at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
       at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.HealthService.Internal.ManagedHostHelper.LoadModuleType(String moduleAssemblyName, String moduleTypeName)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.HealthService.Internal.ManagedHostHelper.LoadModuleType(String moduleAssemblyName, String moduleTypeName)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.HealthService.Internal.ManagedHostHelper.Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.HealthService.Internal.IManagedHostHelper.LoadAndInitializeModule(String moduleAssemblyName, String moduleTypeName, UInt32 countInputPorts, Boolean doesModuleHaveOutput, String configuration, Byte[] stateBlock, UInt32 stateBlockLength, Object& moduleReference, Object& moduleInputReference, Object& moduleInputBatchedReference)

at Microsoft.ServiceManager.WorkflowAuthoring.ActivityLibrary.WindowsPowerShellScript.Activity_Closed(Object sender, ActivityExecutionStatusChangedEventArgs e)
       at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorDelegateInfo`1.ActivityExecutorDelegateOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime)
       at System.Workflow.Runtime.Scheduler.Run()

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 7:17 PM

Answers

• I am having this issue.  I tried to install UR2 and it had to rollback due to database permissions.  Ever since then all workflows are not running.  Any help is much appreciated!

UPDATE:  I found another article that you had commented on and the issue was with the fact that the UR2 update changes the name of monitoringhost.exe.config to monitoringhost.exe.config.bak when you run the updates.  If you have to rollback it doesn't name the file back to it's original name.  Once I renamed it, it started working again.  Thanks!

• Edited by stuel22 Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by AndersAsp Tuesday, September 3, 2013 8:21 PM
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:24 PM

All replies

• Have you applied UR2 yet?

If not, there is a mod to the monitoringhost.exe.config which may be required and can affect workflows but this is covered in UR2.

If you've attempted UR2 update and it rolled back and you are now seeing this problems as a result (all workflows not running) then let me know.

Tom

Thursday, May 9, 2013 7:52 AM
  • I am having this issue.  I tried to install UR2 and it had to rollback due to database permissions.  Ever since then all workflows are not running.  Any help is much appreciated!

UPDATE:  I found another article that you had commented on and the issue was with the fact that the UR2 update changes the name of monitoringhost.exe.config to monitoringhost.exe.config.bak when you run the updates.  If you have to rollback it doesn't name the file back to it's original name.  Once I renamed it, it started working again.  Thanks!

• Edited by stuel22 Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by AndersAsp Tuesday, September 3, 2013 8:21 PM
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:24 PM