none
Database 'mssqlsystemresource' is being recovered. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I was facing performance issue with my sql server 2012 database enterprise edition.It was very slow to extent that i was not able to make any connection.So I stopped and started the SQL Service .But,during stopping it hung in "change pending " state.So,i stopped it by using "Shutdown with NOWAIT" command and it worked for me.Now, after successfully starting services,i am not able to connect any database and getting below error:

TITLE: Connect to Server Cannot connect to "servername".ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

--Database 'mssqlsystemresource' is being recovered. Waiting until recovery is finished. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 922)

any help on this will be much appreciated

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 3:43 AM

All replies

• 

http://mayankmanapuretechie.blogspot.com/2014/11/database-is-being-recovered-waiting.html

Wait till recovery s finished

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Consulting: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance
    SQL Server Integration Services: Business Intelligence

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 5:35 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Ald130,

Use the SHUTDOWN WITH NOWAIT will shuts down SQL Server without performing checkpoints in every database. SQL Server exits after attempting to terminate all user processes. When the server restarts, a rollback operation occurs for uncompleted transactions.Compared to SHUTDOWN, You may need to wait more time for database recovery.

Please check information such as the current phase of the database recovery process in the SQL Server Errorlog. refer to this post.

If it has taken a long time, try to restart  the SQL Server service in Configuration Manager again.

Best Regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 6:49 AM
  • It has been a couple of hours since you posted this, so I hope you have resolved this.

But if not, the database in question is the so-called resource database which all system procedures. Logically this is a DLL, and it is a little interesting that you got this error - unless you killed SQL Server right in the middle of an upgrade.

I would expect it to be possible to save the situation by copy the files for the mssqlsystemresource database from an instance which runs exactly the same version (Service Pack + Cumulative Update).

If you are uncertain about the procedure, I recommend you that open a support case. It will cost you an arm and a leg, but it can be even more expensive to fiddle around on your own as you may cause even more damage and downtime. So it pays off to be guided by a support professional.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 9:19 PM
  • Hi Ald130,

Is there any update on this case? Was your issue resolved?

If you have resolved your issue, please mark the useful reply as answer. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks for your contribution.

Best regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 4, 2020 2:15 AM