none
Remove Displayed Field in View RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

i used Project Web Access (PWA), yesterday i changed a list of field in a View (My Timesheet), using "Manage Views". Now i would like to remove some field, but when i select certain field, the Remove button remains disabled. How i can remove that fields? To solve the problem: Can i create a new view with same fields, and then rename the view with the name of "old view"?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Riccardo

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Riccardo,

Some default fields cannot be removed, such as the project name and task name.

Which fields cause this behavior? Out-of-the-box fields or custom fields?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 12:03 PM
  • Hi,

the field is Actual Work [Assignment], and i add it yesterday from Available Field to Displayed Field. But now i can't remove it... Is possible that someone used this field in his timesheet and now i can't remove it? If I can't  remove it, there is a way to hide the field in Timesheet of Resources? 

Thanks for helping.

Riccardo

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:52 PM
  • It might be indeed that a user created a timesheet using this field so it can't be removed from the view. You can't hide the field from the view but you could simply create a new view and dissociate the old view from all categories so no users could see it anymore.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

• Proposed as answer by Riccardo_t Wednesday, July 23, 2014 10:13 AM
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 3:06 PM