none
Empty Temporary Internet Files not working with IE9

Question

• Hey everyone.  I have an issue in my domain environment where the "Empty Temporary Internet files folder when browser is closed" is enabled but not actually working for pc's that have IE9.  

I have configured this policy in both Computer Config and User Config on separate occasions to see if it would work but it just doesn't for users IE9.  My domain is still a Server 2003 domain and I manage group policy through the RSAT Tool Group Policy Management on my machine.  All machines in my environment are Windows 7 x64 with IE9 except for a few with IE11.  The funny thing is the computers with IE11 (like myself) the GPO works great.  The temporary files get flushed whenever I close my browser.  Unfortunately everyone with IE9 the settings say they are applied but they do not work.  I was wondering if it had something to do with the inetres.admx files on my pc since I use IE11.  Anyone have any ideas why the policy would only work for IE11 browsers instead of all browsers? 

The temporary IE folders are in the default locations and I noticed that the IE9 users can't navigate to the content.ie5 directory as well.  When entering content.ie5 in path they can get to it and when clicking on the random directory's it prompts you with a windows security warning.  

Any help or guidance would be great. Thanks!

----E----

Friday, February 20, 2015 4:53 PM

Answers