none
Disk cannot be removed because it contains storage pool volumes but Protection Groups already removed RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted to remove all protection groups and disks from DPM so I could start over.  I stopped the protection groups and they disappeared.  However, when I went to remove a disk from the Storage Pool it still showed volumes on the disk.  How can I remove the data still on the disk and then remove the disk when all the Protection Groups have already been removed?

Error I received when trying to use PS to remove the disk

Remove-DPMDisk : Disk 1 cannot be removed from the storage pool because it contains storage pool volumes. (ID: 355)
    At line:1 char:46
    + Get-DPMDisk | select -Last 1 | Remove-DPMDisk <<<<
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Remove-DPMDisk], InvalidDiskException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DiskContainsSpmVolumes,Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.UI.Cmdlet.RemoveDPMDisk

Joseph Kejr

Sunday, November 17, 2013 12:33 AM

Answers

• Open the console, go to Protection. Click on All - it will show some with Inactive protection. Right-click on the group/member and remove the data. This will remove the data from the disk.

(Can't remember the exact names of the options, but once you're there you'll know the right options).

• Marked as answer by jskejr Sunday, November 17, 2013 2:49 PM
    Sunday, November 17, 2013 9:56 AM