none
Problem opening web links in windows mail after installing windows updates - error message "windows cannot find URL. make sure you typed the name correctly" RRS feed

• Question

• After installing dozens of windows updates (as old as Service Pack 2 and as new as security updates released this week), I am not able to open links to web pages in email messages - get error message "windows cannot find [URL]. make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again."  I encountered this same problem over a year ago and gave up trying to resolve it - uninstalled updates including Service Pack 2 and problem was resolved.  Because of this, I have not installed windows updates up until today.  Have tried disabling all functions in Norton Internet Security and still encounter problem.

Windows Vista, Windows Explorer 8

Thursday, October 14, 2010 7:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You could try to perform a Clean Boot  to troubleshoot this issue. If the issue still persists, I would like to suggest you post to Widows Vista Forum for further help, due to this forum is focus on Windows 7 specific issue, here is the link for Windows Vista:

Windows Vista IT Pro Forums

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 7:30 AM