2013 to 2016 Migration - Recreate Receive Connectors on both Servers? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm migrating from 2013 to 2016 for my on premise Hybrid environment and it looks like I will need to recreate the Receive Connectors on the new 2016 servers. In the past, these were not created on both servers. Server A had 3 Receive connectors and Server B had 4 different Receive Connectors. They weren't duplicated on both servers except for 1 Receive Connector which is the same and has been created on both servers. Is this a typical setup? I Imagine I would want to create the same on both servers? The servers are all the same role.

Chad

Monday, September 16, 2019 7:40 PM

All replies

• Hi, I'm migrating from 2013 to 2016 for my on premise Hybrid environment and it looks like I will need to recreate the Receive Connectors on the new 2016 servers. In the past, these were not created on both servers. Server A had 3 Receive connectors and Server B had 4 different Receive Connectors. They weren't duplicated on both servers except for 1 Receive Connector which is the same and has been created on both servers. Is this a typical setup? I Imagine I would want to create the same on both servers? The servers are all the same role.

Chad

If you have custom receive connectors in use on the old server, they should be recreated on the new with the same settings.
    Monday, September 16, 2019 9:07 PM
  • Hi,

I understand you want to migrate Exchange 2013 mailboxes to Exchange 2016. As Andy mentioned, you don’t need to recreate the receive connectors on both servers, except the customized receive connectors. Please take steps below to update the Hybrid Exchange server to 2016:

1. Install Exchange 2016 coexist with Exchange 2013.

2. Switch SCP and services URL from Exchange 2013 to Exchange 2016.

3. Uninstall the legacy Exchange server.

4. Run the new hybrid configuration wizard on Exchange 2016.

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by ThinkCenter Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:13 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:52 AM
  • So what I'm hearing is ALL custom Receive Connectors should be recreated on BOTH new servers.

Thank You!

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 12:20 PM
  • So what I'm hearing is ALL custom Receive Connectors should be recreated on BOTH new servers.

Thank You!

Yes. 
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:32 PM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how the thing going now?

If you need further help, please provide more detailed information, so that we can give more appropriate suggestions.

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Thursday, September 19, 2019 6:14 AM