none
Email from particular exchange user not reaching the particular user having outside mail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

In our Exchange 2010 in SBS 2011 , I am facing one problem.One of our Exchange user ( abc@xyz.com)is sending mail to an user with mail outside our domain (123@abc.com).The exchange user is complaining that the mail did not reach the recepient after getting the call from the concerned recepient.

In message tracker of exchange 2010, it is reporting in the delivery report for that particular user mailbox stated as "

Delivery Report for 123@abc.com

Submitted 12/19/2011 8.52 AM server.xyz.local

The message was submitted to server.xyz.local

Transferred 12/19/2011 8.52 AM server.xyz.local

The message was successfully handed off to a different e-mail system.This is as far as we can track it."

But when I send to the particular outside user 123@abc.com, the mail is delivered.

What is the problem ? Please help me to solve this issue

Thanks & Regards

S.Swaminathan

Monday, December 19, 2011 5:21 AM

All replies

• Based on the message tracking log, it indicates that the message is sent successfully on the local server. Hence, I suspect the issue is caused by the settings on the destination server instead of the local server. You may need contact the administrator of the destination server and check whether the E-Mail address is blocked.

Meanwhile, I suggest you use Telnet to send the message for a test.

Monday, December 19, 2011 5:42 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for your reply

Let me explain the scenario.The 123@abc.com mail address is for the user in AD of sbs 2011 without mailbox.She is using one application in our server .So we created an user account as 123 in AD of sbs 2011. without mailbox because she is not in this organisation.So we created mail contact as 123@abc.com which is her mail address in abc.com.

She is receiving mails from our exchange users except from two users who frequently mail this person.

Where may be the issue exists?

N.B:  We checked the webmail of 123@abc.com where the mails sent from me are received immediately but the said two users when they send, it is not reaching webmail but exchange track report is saying it is transferred.

Thanks & Regards

S.Swaminathan

Monday, December 19, 2011 7:17 AM
  • Can you please post the transport logs of the said issue..mark the issue
    Monday, December 19, 2011 9:12 AM
  • Hello,

Please use Telnet to send the message for a test.

Thanks,

Simon

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 6:41 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for all who suggested solutions and atlast the email issue is sorted out by itself.Possibly the problem existed in the recepient side

Regards

S.Swaminathan

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:34 AM