Internet Explorer ( Metro Version) Lost ! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ! Anyone can help me.

My metro app ( Internet Explorer ) is lost.

how can I get back that IE metro app ??

This is the picture:
    ( look at the rounded part )

Thank You.

Friday, March 2, 2012 8:17 PM

Answers

• It will only show up if IE is the default browser on your system. I don't understand the reasoning, but this is what i've read elsewhere and mine reappeared as soon as I set IE as default browser.
    • Proposed as answer by dgobe Saturday, March 3, 2012 2:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo HuangModerator Monday, March 12, 2012 2:07 AM
    Saturday, March 3, 2012 1:55 AM

All replies

• Got the same problem.
    Did you ever have it at one point it you lost it or did it never appear?
    Saturday, March 3, 2012 1:29 AM
  • Mine was never there.  I thought maybe it was only active on tablets until I read some articles stating otherwise.  I didn't really care because I was using Firefox until now but I do want to test it on a few websites.  The IE tile on the Start screen always launched the desktop version for me.
    Saturday, March 3, 2012 1:40 AM
  • It will only show up if IE is the default browser on your system. I don't understand the reasoning, but this is what i've read elsewhere and mine reappeared as soon as I set IE as default browser.
    • Proposed as answer by dgobe Saturday, March 3, 2012 2:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo HuangModerator Monday, March 12, 2012 2:07 AM
    Saturday, March 3, 2012 1:55 AM
  • It worked, thanks Gabriel.

That would explain it the first thing I did was install Firefox and set it as the default.  So it was there briefly for about 2 minutes.

Under Internet Options in IE, the Programs tab actually has option to open Metro or Desktop.  It was grayed out with a message saying to set IE as the default to manage those settings.
    • Edited by dgobe Saturday, March 3, 2012 2:15 AM
    Saturday, March 3, 2012 2:07 AM
  • Gabriel is right. Metro IE will only show when IE is your default browser. If IE is not then, the Icon will change but will the launch legacy IE when clicked.

Thanks!

JohnFernande [MSFT] | Support Engineer | Windows Distributed Systems | Bangalore, India

Saturday, March 3, 2012 2:11 AM
  • Worked for me too. Thanks.
    Saturday, March 3, 2012 2:14 AM

Thank You GabrielMichaud !

Yes. it lost when i'm not set IE as default browser.

anwar hairi

Saturday, March 3, 2012 8:45 AM
  • Hi yes you're right. search for default programs and then make ie the default program. quite clever of microsoft to force you to use their browser as default. thanks for the tip.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:26 PM
  • Mee too!  Even tho a lot of things don't work on it I like the look of it. haha!  IE sucks! :*(
    Sunday, April 8, 2012 10:30 PM