Long-Term backup to tape not running RRS feed

• Question

• I have my short-term backups going to tape once a week, but my monthly long-term Copy to Library job won't run. I don't get an error, it just doesn't start.

I checked and the PG has co-located set under Optimized and I only have one tape drive in the short-term tape library and the long-term library.

Friday, March 15, 2013 4:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Hi, Don't know why it isn't starting, - could be this issue.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/dpm/archive/2012/09/24/support-tip-scheduled-backup-to-tape-runs-on-a-wrong-date-on-dpm-2007-2010-and-2012.aspx

But if it had stared it would have failed.  Dataset copy jobs require two tape drives.

When you go through the PG Wizard for a PG that has two or more long-term recovery goals specified, and you only have a single tape drive, on the "Specify library and tape details" page, you should see a yellow ! with "Please ensure that there are a minimum of two tape drives or two tape libraries for copy backups to succeed.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, March 15, 2013 8:22 PM