none
DPM 2010 Restore file large then orignal file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team

i am teating exchange 2010 adn dpm 2010 i have a dag group with 2 nodes  witch have 5 EDB. all 5 edb is in my e drive exchange DB folder the total size od this folder is 980 MB (all 5 DB) with i try to restore a single mailbox witch is 2mb  My dpm 2010  Cosole  show transferring 1.5 GB to my Exchange.

can some 1 help or any 1 facing this problem .

and i an tacking express full every day ,15min sync from Exchange .

Rgds

Godfrey

• Moved by Parag AgrawalModerator Friday, October 1, 2010 7:45 AM exchange related Q (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Monday, September 27, 2010 4:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Godfrey,

You are correct. If you are recovering a mailbox DPM recovers the complete mailbox database. And the data transfer will be EDB file size + log folder size of the database.  

If you suspect DPM is transferring more data, check the recovered files size on the Exchange Server. 

Regards,

Nagesh

Nagesh[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 4:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Godfrey

When you preform a revocery of a mailbox DPM must copy over the entire database/store. This is the only supported way of restoring data to an Exchange enviroment, this is why you see all the data transferd when you preform the recovery.

Regarding the syncronization frequencey its a good thing to preform 15 or 30 minutes syncronizations. A tip is to make a recoery point every 4'th ohur.

BR

Robert Hedblom

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Monday, September 27, 2010 8:10 PM
  • HI OK that fine i do understand but my total EDB (all 5 DBs) are 980 MB but DPM in transferring 1.5GB if talking this mail box belong to a a edb that is only 350 mb  so it should transfer 350 to 400 mb to restore i hope u understand .

Rgds

Godfrey

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:45 AM
  • Hi Godfrey,

You are correct. If you are recovering a mailbox DPM recovers the complete mailbox database. And the data transfer will be EDB file size + log folder size of the database.  

If you suspect DPM is transferring more data, check the recovered files size on the Exchange Server. 

Regards,

Nagesh

Nagesh[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 4:42 PM