Moved SUSDB.mdf and SUSDB_log.ldf, but the Best Practices Analyser keeps telling me it's located on a System Drive. RRS feed

• Question

• Moved SUSDB.mdf and SUSDB_log.ldf to Drive D: but the Best Practices Analyser keeps telling me it's located on a System Drive. How to solve this?
    Monday, July 13, 2015 5:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you did move the WSUS database file to the non-system driver, just ignore this warning.

If the system drive runs out of disk space, this can lead to corruption of the operating system and denial of service. That's why it is not recommended to put the database and content on the system driver.

Therefore, if you are sure that the database has been moved, it's safe to ignore the warning.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by The Pin Drop Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by ϻοϰsϯεr Thursday, July 16, 2015 10:12 AM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2015 9:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you did move the WSUS database file to the non-system driver, just ignore this warning.

If the system drive runs out of disk space, this can lead to corruption of the operating system and denial of service. That's why it is not recommended to put the database and content on the system driver.

Therefore, if you are sure that the database has been moved, it's safe to ignore the warning.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by The Pin Drop Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by ϻοϰsϯεr Thursday, July 16, 2015 10:12 AM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2015 9:43 AM
  • Microsoft is great in letting people know warnings can be ignored safely. I wonder how many Microsoft employees already died running through a red light …
    Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:58 AM
  • Thanks.
    Thursday, July 16, 2015 10:13 AM