none
ZoomIt Not Drawing correctly with Multi-monitors/High Resolutions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I've been using Zoomit for years and love it for annotating screen captures to show others images captured on my screen.

Have recently encountered that now when I use CTRL-2 to draw on the screen, Zoomit reduces screen image for some reason.

This is what the screen should look like which is a 1680x1050 resolution:

But after pressing CTRL-2 with Zoomit this is what I get (I added red lines with Zoomit to show where screen resolution is lost:

I'm using multi monitors - this does not seem to happen on my Laptop when NOT connected to multiple monitors

Any ideas why Zoomit does this?

Thanks.

Friday, August 9, 2019 6:38 PM

All replies

• Sorry, but I can't repro.. my resolution is 3840x2160 on the first monitor and 1680x1050 on the secondary..

This is what I see when i Press Ctrl+2 and then use the arrow:

Is it possible an issue with a specific device driver?? can you try to update your video driver?

HTH
    -mario

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:14 AM
  • For me this appeared to be an issue of having different scaling on my main vs external monitor (125% v 100%).

I was able to fix this by following these steps:

Right-click the app shortcut, and click Properties

Click the "compatibility" tab

Click "override high DPI scaling behavior"

Select "Application" for scaling performed by setting

You'll have to quit and restart the app in order to see the difference.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 7:14 PM
  • Hello

this was apparently fixed on the internal build some time ago so I published an update yesterday. Could you retest with this and ping me at syssite@microsoft.com if it fails to resolve the issue?

MarkC(MSFT)

Thursday, December 12, 2019 11:30 AM
  • Hi, Did you try matching the scalling setting on both screens? it worked for me. Go to Start ->settings -> display ->change the size of texts,apps and other items. Set both monitors to the same scale . I set mine both to 150%

Friday, January 10, 2020 9:36 PM
  • Hello

this was apparently fixed on the internal build some time ago so I published an update yesterday. Could you retest with this and ping me at syssite@microsoft.com if it fails to resolve the issue?

MarkC(MSFT)

@MarkC(MSFT): I tried the email address you provided and got my message rejected by the server, saying only Microsoft internal accounts can send messages to it (I kind of expected that... but tried...)

Here is the message:

Reading the forum on ZoomIt issues, looks like the lack of touchscreen support in 4.52 is already known. I tried rolling back to 4.5, but then I get the multi-monitor with different scaling issues.

• Is there a place, other than forums, to log/track bug reports?
    • Where can I get information on new releases timelines/statuses?
    • Any specific feedback you can provide on the touchscreen support?

Thanks

Wednesday, October 7, 2020 4:08 PM
  • For me this appeared to be an issue of having different scaling on my main vs external monitor (125% v 100%).

I was able to fix this by following these steps:

Right-click the app shortcut, and click Properties

Click the "compatibility" tab

Click "override high DPI scaling behavior"

Select "Application" for scaling performed by setting

You'll have to quit and restart the app in order to see the difference.

in my case, setting as suggested made it better, but now when I use the touchscreen to draw, instead of the mouse, it gets "shifted"... so not exactly where  my finger is. 

This is on version 4.5, from before the December 2019 update. 

Using 4.52 fixes all the screen issues, but then no touchscreen support.

Wednesday, October 7, 2020 4:13 PM