Updates for Microsoft Edge RRS feed

• Question

• My online Banking program telling me my browser is out of date and not supported? Wanting me to change browser to Google Chrome or similar.    I thought updates for Microsoft Edge would be done automatically by Microsoft. I contacted the bank and they said they support Microsoft Edge, but my version is apparently out of date.

I would like to fix this ASAP.    Also, McAfee telling me I need to always have most up to date versions of my browser or I could be more susceptible to hackers.

Please advise.

Thank you

Thursday, May 25, 2017 7:08 PM

All replies

• Please click the settings on Edge, the three dots top right, and click Settings then scroll to the bottom of that display and reply with you full version of Edge (version info can be copied one line at a time)
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:16 PM
  • Hi ,

Usually, an update to Microsoft Edge will be pushed through a Major update that which roll out for Windows 10. To get the newest version of Edge, you need the newest version of Windows to go along with that. Please install all available updates and ensure you are running the latest version of Windows 10.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 26, 2017 1:51 AM