Notify Primary Owner RRS feed

• Question

• Hi every body,

I want to create a notification for manual activities to notify parent incident primary owner when manual activity is completed.

I tried these but no result achieved:

• Has Parent Work Item[Incident] -> Primary Owner[User]
    • Contains Activity[Activity] -> Has Parent Work Item[Incident] -> Primary Owner[User]

Any guide would be helpful.

Thanks.

Monday, November 2, 2015 10:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Barni,

this would give you more information on the topic:

Using Data Properties From the Parent Work Items in Activity Email Templates
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2012/04/03/using-data-properties-from-the-parent-work-items-in-activity-email-templates.aspx

The "Contains activity" should be correct. What happens when you configure it? How are you exactly configuring it? Could you please post more details?

Thanks and regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

Monday, November 2, 2015 10:50 AM
  • Thanks Stoyan for your quick replay.

I've created a subscription on manual activity class. In "related recipients" I've select "Has Parent Work Item[Incident] -> Primary Owner[User]" and  "Contains Activity[Activity] -> Has Parent Work Item[Incident] -> Primary Owner[User]".

Then I've created a manual activity in an incident with a primary owner. When this activity marked as complete no email received by primary owner of it's parent incident.

Thanks again.

Monday, November 2, 2015 11:37 AM
  • Hi Barni,

and what about "Contains Activity[Activity] ->Assigned to User[User]"? Have you tried it? Please do so and  post back. Thanks.

Please edit your MP and insert also the

SeedRole='Target'

as described here:

Looking for the right relationship between a RA and a SR for certain notifications

and here

Include Details from Parent Work Items in Notifications

The whole process is described here in regards to the Affected User:

Send a notification the Affected User of a Work Item when a containing Activity is updated

This should do the job.

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

Monday, November 2, 2015 12:50 PM
  • Thanks a lot Stoyan. :)

It worked fine!

Monday, November 2, 2015 1:48 PM