what in SCCM 2012 R2 needs to be upgraded to support the new Upgrade Classification for Windows 10 builds RRS feed

• Question

• I can't seem to find a straight answer to this anywhere, so I'm hoping someone here will know.

I'm running SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 CU3.  My site server is 2008 R2 O/S and my WSUS is 2012 R2 O/S.  I need to enable the Upgrade classification for Windows 10 support on my Site Server but its not listed.. it is listed on my WSUS server. 

As a test I've upgraded my test environment Site Server to 2012 R2 O/S from Server 2008 R2 O/S.  The WSUS server is already 2012 R2 O/S.. but the Upgrade classification shows up in the WSUS, but not in SCCM site server.

When I go to Administration -> Site Configuration -> Sites -> Configure Site Components -> Software Update Point and select Classifications, it starts with Critical Updates and ends with Updates. 

It's pasted all over the internet that you have to be at Server 2012 to enable the Upgrade Classification which I have done and also applied all the needed patches.

What I can't find is any definitive answer whether I have to upgrade to SCCM 1511 or if there is something I am missing where I can enable it with what I have done so far.

Is there anyone out there who can answer this for me?

Friday, September 30, 2016 3:58 PM

Answers

All replies