Reading Pane - change default font size or zoon RRS feed

• Question

• Can you change the size of the font in the reading pane or change the default zoom settings? The font is too small and I don't want to have to increase the zoom everytime. Can I change the default zoom size?

Viv Haig

Monday, July 3, 2017 1:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The zooming factor set via this slider or by scrolling for Reading Pane is not persistent. To set a default zooming level, you may need to find a third-party add-in. Or, you may consider following methods:

• Changing the DPI settings in Windows
    • Convert HTML messages to Plain Text and then customize the font size for Plain Text messages

See the following article for detailed information:

https://www.msoutlook.info/question/67

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by VHaig Tuesday, July 4, 2017 8:12 AM
    Tuesday, July 4, 2017 2:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The zooming factor set via this slider or by scrolling for Reading Pane is not persistent. To set a default zooming level, you may need to find a third-party add-in. Or, you may consider following methods:

• Changing the DPI settings in Windows
    • Convert HTML messages to Plain Text and then customize the font size for Plain Text messages

See the following article for detailed information:

https://www.msoutlook.info/question/67

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by VHaig Tuesday, July 4, 2017 8:12 AM
    Tuesday, July 4, 2017 2:24 AM
  • Thanks. I did a bit of research and I noticed this was a common query. Would be good if Microsoft could address this issue. It would be of particular help to people with sight issues.

Viv Haig

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 8:12 AM
  • Thank you for the suggestion. I'd recommend you submit a feedback about this via the UserVoice forum, which is the most direct channel our product team utilizes to collect ideas and suggestions from our customers. Microsoft values all customer feedback. We want to hear from you about how we can make our products better.

thank you again for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 8:33 AM