Distribution List RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Am not a Exchange Administrator.

But for knowledge have a query like How many owners can be assigned to a Distribution List?

By default we can add only one as per my knowledge. Is there any possibility to add more

Sujit
    Friday, May 6, 2011 6:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It is impossible to add more owners to a distribution group in Exchange 2007.

When I try to use M.Zahid’s way to add more than one user and click OK, the error message occurs and shows ‘More than one object is selected. Only one object can be returned. Remove extra objects and press OK’. Instead, when I only specify a user, contact, or group as the manager for this distribution group, it works fine.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Monday, May 16, 2011 9:09 AM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In exchange 2010 you can add more than one owner.

see this microsoft link in order to do that:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd638201.aspx

Best regards

Best Regards Don't forget to mark it as answer if it helps
    Friday, May 6, 2011 7:28 PM
  • Hi Maher,

Thank you for the information. 

What is the limit in Exch 2007

Regards

Sujit
    Friday, May 6, 2011 9:08 PM
  • Yes you can manage it through Active Directory User & Computers, Go to ADUC ->View->Advanced Features->Find Distribution list  in domain and then Go to Security Tab->Add User and give him writes to add member and remove member or full rights

--------

Best Regards,
    Muhammad Zahid

Saturday, May 7, 2011 12:20 AM
  • Hi,

@Sujitdas: I haven't exactlly a  perfect answer! but I think is in ther order of thousands of owners.

see this article about active directory limits, really it's interesting:

http://technet.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/active-directory-maximum-limits-scalability(WS.10).aspx

Best Regards Don't forget to mark it as answer if it helps
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 8:20 AM
  • Hi,

It is impossible to add more owners to a distribution group in Exchange 2007.

When I try to use M.Zahid’s way to add more than one user and click OK, the error message occurs and shows ‘More than one object is selected. Only one object can be returned. Remove extra objects and press OK’. Instead, when I only specify a user, contact, or group as the manager for this distribution group, it works fine.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Monday, May 16, 2011 9:09 AM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:23 AM