AppV 5: Data within AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AppV RRS feed

• Question

• Is it safe to just exlude this profile path using traditional roaming profile folder exclusions?  We are using mostly user targeted deployments of App-V packages using SCCM 2012 so when they roam the software they may have installed via App Catalog isn't always going to be on the machine anyway and then presumably when the policy does pull those app-v apps in the path will be repopultated?

Thanks

Friday, April 19, 2013 8:57 AM

All replies

• That depends on the application, I would think. If it works for the app outside of App-V, then probably yes. 

The registry portion of the app will continue to roam though (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Packages, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\AppV\Client\Packages)

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Friday, April 19, 2013 10:26 AM