none
Is it possible to create our own Task Sequence Template? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I wonder how we can create our own Task Sequence Template and be listed like the Standard Client Task Sequence and others.

Is it possible for instance to have the OS Settings and Admin Password already preregistered so we can just click Next on these steps?

Thursday, November 7, 2013 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think it is partially possible, if not entirely. The standard task sequence template is derived from the Client.xml located in the following folder: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Templates", so if you modify the Client.xml file in this folder, then basically all your new to be created task sequences will be provided with these settings.

The big deal here however is that then for each task sequence you create, these settings will always be there unless you modify the Client.xml again.

Therefore it is better in my opinion to provide these settings in the customsettings.ini, so this way you can keep things flexible, and dependent on TaskSequenceID, Model, type of machine, mac-address and so on.

For an example how to do this in the customsettings.ini please have a look at a blog I wrote, you will find even more information on this topic if you google customsettings.ini + priority

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

• Proposed as answer by Robbie Meng Friday, November 8, 2013 6:03 AM
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 9:10 AM