Explorer.exe causes Fault Problem on Boot Up as well as all other executables when started. RRS feed

• Question

• Every executable causes a Fault Problem and gives me the option to debug or cancel, when I hit to debug, Dr.Watson causes a Fault Problem.  This all started when I was installing my web cam software, it said to disable all Anti-Virus Programs so I shut everything down and proceeded to get the latest update from Logitech.  During the install the Explorer Window that was doing all the downloading and installing disappeared.  I thought it was complete so I shut down the machine, the next day is when I started having all these Fault Problems.  I am constantly closing the fault problem windows and can barely do anything at all with my machine.  Anything that ends in .exe causes this problem.  I am running Windows XP SP2, have 2GB of RAM.  Also, I sometimes get an error that says it can't write to some portion of memory.  I wish I was on my pc to give full explanation.  But some of the programs I have had issues with are:

Explorer.exe - Happens everytime at boot up

Winword.exe - when used

Yahoo.exe - when used

wuauclt.exe - when loaded in Processes

iexplorer.exe - when used

Dr. Watson.exe - when used to try to debug

to name a few that I can remember!

It is getting very bad and I want to throw the laptop out the window.  I have ZA Security Suite, AVG Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, and Anti- Rootkit installed and nothing is picked up as virus or trojan,  I also have IOLO System Mechanic 7 which I think has saved my a** so far from a complete wipe and re-install.  If anyone has run into this issue please contact me at j6m3w59@yahoo.com with resolution.  I am about to try a repair install because I have no rollback to go to.

Thursday, October 11, 2007 5:56 PM

All replies

•  

HI !

reading your problem is kind of self-explainatory that how you must be feeling. dont worry, its only a computer and its only a OS, it can be worked around. so wel will sort it out Smile

first of all, as i suggest you. remove all the unwanted applications.

Now, uninstall your Anti-virus program.

now boot from the windows vista DVD and choose repair and select system restore. just restore your computer to an earlier time and i guess your problem will be solved.

if not, then just choose the other options.

boot into vista and type SFC /SCANNOW in run (if you dont have run in start menu either enable it or press CTRL+R)

insert your vista cd/dvd when prompted and let the system check its files by itself)

if the comman does not work then try this :

Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

cheers

shantanu

Friday, October 12, 2007 8:33 AM