New AC Power Adapter Will Not Charge a Good Battery RRS feed

• Question

• I recently purchased a Bestek AC Power Adapter/Charger, model # BTA07C1, for a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop running Windows Vista.  The manufacturer claims that this adapter is compatible with the Dell Inspiron 1525.  I can run my laptop using the AC adapter but it will not recharge the battery.  I know the battery is good because I can recharge it with a different adapter.  If I turn on the computer with the Bestek adapter already plugged in and connected, I get an initial screen saying that my machine doesn't recognize the adapter's wattage and that it may not charge correctly.  Do I need to install a device driver or do something else to get the laptop to work with this adapter?  Or do I need to return the Bestek Adapter and get a different one instead?

Note: The adapter is actually a christmas present for someone who also owns the same model laptop.  Hence the reason I have another power adapter that happens to work.

Friday, December 2, 2011 10:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please first make sure all the updates and the latest drivers are installed.

Also, you may follow this link and see if it is any help to your issue:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001134.htm

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, December 12, 2011 3:58 AM
    Monday, December 5, 2011 8:56 AM