none
Controlling WDP on a Domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am an IST student completing an internship as the computer technician in a public library, and I manage a computer lab with 16 workgrouped computers.  Windows Disk Protection is an excellent tool in this environment, since any changes patrons make to the computers simply vanish on restart. 

The library administration is considering moving to a Domain to unify the libraries and centralize the delivery of updates and software installations.  As it stands, when it comes time to install software to the 16 computers, I make an image of one machine with the updates installed, then have to Ghost the image out and manually set IP addresses and such.  So having Domain control where I can push installation packages would be a wonderful thing, but we can't lose WDP.

I've done a fair amount of Googling to find out how to control WDP from a central location, but haven't been able to find a good step by step of how to do so. 

I imagine this would be implemented from the WMI section of the Group Policy Manager, but I haven't the faintest idea where to begin.  Could anyone provide or point to a good guide on this process?  I'm also in the process of learning how to manage a domain, so while I have some experience in managing GP and such, I'm certainly no expert; please be gentle :-D

Many thanks,

-Ron
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 7:26 PM

Answers

All replies