none
Can't install HotFix For IE 11 (KB2956283) RRS feed

• Question

• Hey. I have a problem with ie 11 on windows 8.1 x64. I can't seek videos with my favorite html5 player. I know i should install KB2956283 this update but it's saying "Update is not applicable to your computer.". I install fresh win 8.1 to virtual machine. Then i try to open my html5 player and it was working perfectly. Then i ask my two friends (they are using win 8.1 too) to test this player on iexplorer. They couldn't seek either. So i update the virtual machine to see problem. After KB2919355 this update it's became unseekable. Then i research and found hotfix "KB2956283". I install this hotfix to my virtual machine and seek feature is fixed. But i can't install this hotfix to my actual computer. I checked installed updates and it's not there. So i have no idea. I should use internet explorer because i will play it on my c# winform app. Thanks!
    • Edited by winathere Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:07 AM
    Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is this your personal computer, or a computer on a company network? When was the last time you ran windows update? Use the About>About Internet Explorer menu in IE to find out the version number AND Update version.

you can debug troubleshoot IE Compatibility issues using the f12>Emulation tab, It may be that you already have the KB installed, but your IE compatibility settings for YOUR website are incorrect.

If your c# app uses a hosted WBC (Web Browser Control) you need to add registry entries for FEATURE_CONTROL>BROWSER_EMULATION to force the hosted WBC to use IE11 emulation mode. (default IE7).

Post questions about hosted WBC in desktop applications to the IE Extension Development forum.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?forum=ieextensiondevelopment&prof=required

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Thursday, March 8, 2018 8:25 PM