Windows 7 grab/move maximized window with mouse RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on my home PC and am using the "Windows 7" Aero Theme.  On my work PC, which is using Windows 7 Enteprise (32-bit), I am able to left-click a maximized window and move it to another monitor. However, on my home PC, (running 7 x64-ultimate), all of the other Aero snap features work except this one.  In order to move a window, I need to unmaximize (restore) the window before I am able to move it to another monitor. 

I've verified that in the Ease of Access center, the option for "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen" is unchecked for both the "Make the mouse easier to use" and the "Make the keyboard easier to use" settings.  If I do enable this option, then none of the snap features work (such as being able to drag the window to the top of the screen to auto-maximize).

It's strange that the only feature to drag/move a maximized window does not work.  Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing the issue or how to troubleshoot this issue further?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 4:20 AM

Answers

• This issue turned out to be an issue with my graphics expansion (Matrox) driver.  After I reinstalled Windows 7, there was no issue with this feature.  However, after reinstalling the Matrox drivers, the issue returned.  
    Monday, April 25, 2011 7:29 PM

All replies

• I just wanted to follow up and see if anyone had any ideas what would be causing this?

Thanks!

Monday, November 29, 2010 6:24 PM
  • This issue turned out to be an issue with my graphics expansion (Matrox) driver.  After I reinstalled Windows 7, there was no issue with this feature.  However, after reinstalling the Matrox drivers, the issue returned.  
    Monday, April 25, 2011 7:29 PM